How has it already been 5 months? It seems like I was boarding a plane to Paris just yesterday. I am so sad that my time here is flying by. I’m sad because I truly have fallen in love with France, the language, culture, food, people, and everything else it has to offer. My life in the outskirts of Paris feels right, I feel at home. As my time here is almost 50% done I am starting to think about next year and what the HECK I am going to do with my life.
I have quite a few options.The two main options are go home and attend post secondary school or stay in France for another year. However, these two options melt into even more options. I have been accepted to almost all of the schools I applied to, I am just waiting to hear back from one university. So which school, which program, which city are all questions I need to process. As for staying in France I could renew my contract with my current family or I could accept a job that was offered to me by another family. As I think about next year and all the important life decisions I have to make I find myself becoming completely overwhelmed. I know that eventually I will have to make a few decisions but as for now I am avoiding them at all costs. From personal experience here are the most affective ways to do just that.
- watch Gossip Girl
- write a random blog post about something that is not that interesting (or useful)
- spend hours colouring in an adult colouring book
- bake chocolate cupcakes
- eat mentioned chocolate cupcakes.
- look up all of the French “gros mots” aka swear words
- plan elaborate vacations that you will never be able to go on because one week costs half of your annual salary
- plan your sister’s wedding, even though it isn’t for another year and a half
- FaceTime your sister just to talk to your dog
- watch more Gossip Girl
- look at funny memes and tag your friends in them
*all scientifically proven to help in avoiding decision making.